Monday, April 13, 2009

AND NOW..........(Trumpets, Fanfare) The Ultimate Dancehall records

Well, here we are. The top of the mountain. The end of the line. The last word
Okay, so that's a bit of hype, but here are my choices for the Ten Dancehall/DJ records that Mattered Most over the last thirty years.

Look out for my extensive commentary on each of the Top Ten, beginning Thursday, and also check upcoming issue of BUZZZ magazine (May/June) for the list and feature, AND......... look out for the companion booklet, coming soon.

Thanks and keep checking this blog



1. Who Am I - Beenie Man

2. Murder She Wrote - Chaka Demus & Pliers

3. Look - Bounty Killer

4. Zunguzunguguzunguzeng - Yellowman

5. Ring the Alarm - Tenor Saw

6. Twice My Age - Shabba Ranks feat Krystal

7. Action - Nadine Sutherland & Terror Fabulous

8. These Streets - Tanya Stephens

9. Anything For You (various artistes)

10. Overcome - Mavado

1 comment:

  1. On this list I love numbers: 2, 5, 6, 7, 8

    By the way I hope I see "telephone love" and "two white girls on a minibus" somewhere on your list... not to mention at least one Maxi Priest.

    ReplyDelete